ODS format is used for spreadsheet created by the Calc program included with StarOffice or the open-source office suite, OpenOffice.org. Just as Microsoft Excel files, ODS documents store data in cells that are organized into rows and columns. ODS files are formatted using the OASIS OpenDocument XML-based standard.
If you want to convert ODS files into a format that is supported by all major Internet-browsers, you might want to choose HTML or XHTML. The latter is even more popular than HTML because it features advanced technologies and is compatible with virtually all applications.
The best way to convert ODS to XHTML is use a specialized ODS XHTML converter, like the one developed by CoolUtils. This Total Excel Converter is a high-quality tool that is designed to perform numerous functions.
With its help, you can not only convert files but also edit files by setting user permissions, add digital signatures, combine spreadsheets, preview files and much more. Moreover, you can convert not only OpenOffice files, but also documents created with other programs. Total Excel Converter is compatible with XLS, XLSX, XML, SQL, WK2, WKS, DGB, TEX, and DIF. The target formats that are supported by this CoolUtils converter are: DOC, DOCX, TXT, ODT, ODS, XML, SQL, CSV, Lotus, DBF, TEX, DIFF, SYLK, and LaTeX.M
The only 5 simple steps you need to make to convert ODS to XHTML in batch, are:
- Download Total Excel Converter. You can buy the program for just under $50 or download the free trial version active for 30 days.
- Install the program and launch it as usual. Advanced users will be happy to know that Total Excel Converter is compatible with command line.
- Select ODS files you want to convert. Tick them off from the list automatically generated by CoolUtils converter, don't hesitate to select over 100 files, the program has batch conversion mode!
- Set XHTML as target format by simply clicking on the button that says 'XHTML' located on the top bar.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy automatic ODS-XHTML conversion!