CoolUtils Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two PDF Files on one Convert

Posted by Michael Phelps 
Two PDF Files on one Convert
November 18, 2011 09:44AM
I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that we are pulling archives from our Exchange Server, and then processing them with Total Outlook Converter, because when I finish the Convert, I get two pdf files... one with the propper name, and then another with "attach 0" appended to it, and matching attachment folders.

Generally the correctly named file has nothing in it, and the attach 0 is the one that has the message in it..

My Guess is that because we are pulling PST files from an Exchange Archive, the initial message is the "headers" (subject, recipients, etc..) and the actual message is attached to THAT (MSG format) and then inside the MSG file is the true attachments (excel, word, etc..)

Is there a way to bypass the first attachment, and go straight to the MSG file, converting and extracting THOSE attachments?

I can send you a PST file, but for HIPPA compliancy, I will have to sanitize it. Just let me know.
Re: Two PDF Files on one Convert
November 29, 2011 10:45AM
Dear Michael Phelps,

Please, send us your PST file. We will investigate this issue. OUr e-mail address is support@coolutils.com.

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
I got it figured out, it turns out it pulls all attachments, so we are in good shape here. Thank you though. I do have another concern, but I'll throw that in another topic
Re: Two PDF Files on one Convert
December 01, 2011 03:16AM
Dear Michael Phelps,

Thank you for the information. Have a nice day.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.