CoolUtils Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost

Lost
February 02, 2012 04:45AM
i went to a concert yesterday, took some pictures, filmed a bit, came home, found out that all my video's were 90 degrees rotated. i thought, lets just download some software to fix it. now what happened is i cut the files from my phone to my computer and used total video converter on it. now what has it done? it made those files into 1 second movies, deleting my original files (overwriting them). now i presume there is no way to turn this around, is there? it really pisses me off.
Re: Lost
February 03, 2012 10:03AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am very sorry this has happened to you. The thing is that the program does not delete originals while you check 'Delete originals' box in the 'Start Conversion' tab of the wizard. By default this box is unchecked.

The program also does not overwrite the files. It adds the word (converted) to the output files' names. It overwrites the files only if you change the name of the file in the 'Destination' tab of the wizard and then press 'Overwright' in a new window.

As for conversion, the program did not convert the files correctly probably because of its trial period or because there were problems with your files. You can send us the example of your input file (if there are some, of course) and we will investigate this issue. Our e-mail address is support@coolutils.com.

Anyway you had to evaluate the program converting one file before a batch conversion and pressing 'Overwrite'.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 10:07AM by Mary Thorton.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.