CoolUtils Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ActiveX PDFConverterX Not Creating Multi-Page Tif

Posted by Rob Irvine 
Hi

I am running into an issue where the param argument in the ActiveX PDFConverter.PDFConverterX are being ignored. If I run the following code on a 3 Page PDF:

Dim pdf As Object

pdf = CreateObject("PDFConverter.PDFConverterX"winking smiley

pdf.Convert("C:\b.pdf", "C:\output.tif", "-c tif -tc 7 -dpi 200"winking smiley

pdf = Nothing

I expect a 3 page TIFF file with CITT4 Compression and 200x200 dpi. What I get are 3 files named: output.page1.tif, output.page2.tif and output.page3.tif with LZW compression and 300x300 dpi.

If I run the PDF Converter Active X Test program using the exact same parameters, I get the expected result. Also, if I run the command line I get the expected result. I have downloaded the newest version of PDFConverterX.

I am running VS2010 on Win 7 64 bit. The project is being compiled as x86 against both Framework 4 and Framework 2

Thank you
Rob
Same problem here...
Hi

Do you have an answer for this? I am t the tail end of a project and this is killing me. Also, I found out that the print size is being reduced, so my full page images are coming out 3 inches high. Again, if I use the PDF Test program, it works fine

Thank you
Rob
Re: ActiveX PDFConverterX Not Creating Multi-Page Tif
February 21, 2012 04:47AM
Dear Sirs,

Our developers are working at this issue. I will contact you shortly with a solution.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
When will be solved this problem?. I need this urgent for development.
February 29, 2012 07:25AM
Dear Sirs,

gsdll32.dll is not located in the same directory where PDFConverter.dll is located

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
October 26, 2012 05:39AM
Does this sort out the reduced size convertion from word to PDF (Total Doc Converter)?
October 26, 2012 11:24AM
Dear Rene,

Could you send us your input Word file and output PDF one? Our e-mail is support@coolutils.com

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
We are transforming a PDF file of 10 pages to TIF format, through an asp.net application, instead of transforming into one TIF file transforms it into 10 files TIF. How I can fix this defect. We are using the sample application PDFConvExample.
We need to solve this urgently.
March 21, 2013 12:29PM
Dear Hans Altaner,

Thank you for inquiry!

Please inform which of our programs you use and send us an example of your PDF file. Our e-mail address is support@coolutils.com. We will investigate this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

--
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.