CoolUtils Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Invalid Convert Method

Posted by Alevin16 
Invalid Convert Method
March 28, 2012 09:12AM
Hello,

I have two questions. The first deals with the subject. When I try to run the command line version of the program to merge 9 pdf's into 1 I get the error Invalid Convert Method 53. WHat am I doing wrong?

The second questions is that I would ideally like to run the command line version of the program to merge 9 pdfs from within an access program. The problem is that the pdfs are on a shared server \\host4. Can I run the command line version and have it merge files that are on another server?

Thanks
Re: Invalid Convert Method
April 01, 2012 09:00AM
Dear andrew levin,

Thank you for inquiry!

Please, inform which of our programs you use. Please, also send us
some of your input files and a screen-shot of the error.

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
April 01, 2012 02:19PM
Hello Mary

Thank you for the reply. I am using PDF Combine. I got it to work but I had to change my programming a little. I think the problem may have been long file names. I wanted to ideally merge all the files into a file called all.pdf and place it on a server called Host2:

\\host2\BenefitsDB\Cobra PDFs\45-ADAMS-CLAYTON-ZZGAC-ZZGAC-3-29-2012

So inside of the 45-ADAMS...folder would be placed the all.pdf file. When that did not work I figured it might be because it could not work with a remote server so I changed it a little to try and save the file on the local hard drive with a similar name

C:\CobraPDFs\45-ADAMS-CLAYTON-ZZGAC-ZZGAC-3-29-2012

It still did not work. But when I changed the location to:

C:\CobraPDFs

It worked fine.

I am going to be buying the product probably monday or tuesday (I need permission from the higher ups) because it really works even with that work around. So ideally if I could cut out the step where it saves to the local machine that would be nice (In my program I have it running the command line to merge the files into C:\CobraPDFs\all.pdf, and then I have it copying those files off the local machine and placing them into the directory:

\\host2\BenefitsDB\Cobra PDFs\45-ADAMS-CLAYTON-ZZGAC-ZZGAC-3-29-2012

on the server. Like I said it is not a big deal if I have to do the extra stop but if there is a way around it that would be great (it is not going to effect our purchase, I am still going to buy it because it works!)

Thanks
Andy
April 02, 2012 02:25AM
Dear Andy,

Thank you for the explanation.

Please, try the X version of the program. You can download it here: [www.coolutils.com]
Please, inform about the results.

You can read about PDF Combine X here: [www.coolutils.com]

--
Best regards,
Mary Thorton
CoolUtils Support
www.coolutils.com
support@CoolUtils.com
April 02, 2012 05:11PM
Thank you I will give it a try!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.