CoolUtils Logo
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to use the -list command line option

Posted by SRJ 
I would like to know what exactly dows the list option deos and how to use it.
Any example would help.

I am using demo of DocConverter.
Thanks.
Re: How to use the -list command line option
July 15, 2012 01:22PM
Dear SRJ,

Thank you for your question!

You can read how to use command line here: [www.coolutils.com]

Best regards,
MaryThorton
CoolUtils Support
I read that description but the description of the list option is a little vague and difficult to understand.also i am unable to identify the syntax of the command i.e how the text file containing filenames and masks is specified,how the source directory is specified(only the directory is specified or directory\*.doc is specified.
A usage example may clarify many of these problems.
Thanks
Re: How to use the -list command line option
July 16, 2012 05:36AM
Dear SRJ,

Here are some examples.

1) If you need to do batch conversion put appropriate DOC files to list.txt. There should be destinations of the files. For example:

C:\Test1.doc
C:\Templates\Help.doc
D:\Names.doc
C:\Documents\Bank.doc

Then use the following command line: DOCConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\ - c pdf

Total DOC Converter will convert all DOC files from the file list List.txt to PDF and place them in the folder C:\

2) If you want to convert all the files from one folder use * sign.

For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.doc C:\Documents\ - c pdf

Total DOC Converter will convert all DOC files from the folder C:\Documents\ to PDF format and place them in the folder C:\Docuements\

Best regards,
MaryThorton
CoolUtils Support
Mary,

We have been corresponding by email. While I appreciate your replies, once a day is a little slow. I hope that this forum gets a more timely response.

I am running the following command line : "MailConverter.exe "C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\TestMSGtoPDF\" "C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\TestMSGtoPDFOutput" -list "C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\list.txt" -log "c:\MSG2PDFLog.txt" -verbosity detail -logmode append -Recurseyawning smileyff -kfs -c PDF -template [name]"

I get the following error message in the log file "error 08/17/2012 10:40:03 "" "Odd destination C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\TestMSGtoPDFOutput""

What is odd about the destination "C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\TestMSGtoPDFOutput"? I have also tried "C:\Users\XEROX-WS-9\Desktop\TestMSGtoPDFOutput\": same response.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Tom
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.