Step-by-step instruction: interface
If you want to convert PDF file to EPS one just do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in a left-hand table.
- Choose a proper PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select the target format - EPS.
After you choose the target format (EPS) you will see a new window.
Set up the destination path where the file will be located.
There are two ways to set up the path:
- Type the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one.
Note: If you do not customize the path and do not give the name to the file the tool will set up the path and the name of the original PDF file.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'Image DPI' on the left-hand side of the window.
Choose the quality of the produced image. The better quality results into a larger file.
You may also select Page size of the output EPS image.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'File name template' on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create file names for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The application will show you all the parameters you have already customized.
You may choose 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if needed. Press 'Start!'.
- In that case if you have checked 'Open destination folder after converting' parameter after pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted EPS files in it.
Converst PDF to EPS via Command line
It is possible to convert PDF to EPS using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c eps,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\EPS\EPS.eps - c eps
The tool will convert the file PDF1.pdf into EPS document EPS.eps and save the converted file in the folder C:\EPS\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\EPS\ -c eps
The tool will convert all PDF files from the folder C:\Documents\ to EPS format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\EPS\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\EPS\ -c eps
The tool will convert the files from file list List.txt to EPS and save them in the folder C:\EPS\
- There are also some more additional options. Click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters' to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: