If you are a graphic designer, you know perfectly what DWF format is. In case you don't, DWF is a 2D and a 3D drawing format by Autodesk that can contain data, text and graphics. Even though it is device-independent and resolution independent, DWF format is only compatible with a limited number of programs, most of which are expensive. They include Autodesk Design Review, IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe 18, IMSI DoubleCAD XT Pro v3, CorelCAD, ACD Systems Canvas 12, Safe Software FME Desktop, and CAD Systems Unlimited Slick! ViewPlus.
You also are very likely to know that it is very important to print out graphic files correctly. We suggest you convert DWF to PCL, a format used for digital printed documents. PCL stands for Printer Command Language that describes the layout of text and graphics for the document. This format is now used by many jet and laser printers.
The most efficient and yet affordable way to convert DWF files is to use a special DWF PCL converter. CoolUtils, a well-known software development company, introduces Total CAD Converter, a unique tool designed to convert DWF files in batch to PCL and many other formats, from PDF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, WMF, PNG, DXF, to BMP, CGM, HPGL, and SVG. Batch conversion mode means that you can process hundreds of DWF files in one go, saving lots of time and nerves.
The only steps required for converting DWF to PCL are:
- Downloading Total CAD Converter from CoolUtils website; you have a choice of a free 30-day trial version or a fully functional paid version available for as low as $99.90;
- Installing the program; simply follow the instructions of the setup wizard to have the program installed properly;
- Launch Total CAD Converter; you can double-click on the program's desktop icon or select it from the Start menu. Command line is also supported by TCC;
- Select DWF files you wish to convert by simply ticking them off in the list of folders created by Total CAD Converter;
- Set PCL as target format by clicking on the PCL button;
- Press Start! to begin automatic conversion.