DWG is binary file format for storage of 2 and 3 dimensional design data and metadata. Files saved in this format can be easily viewed with native applications like AutoCAD, IntelliCAD, Caddie as well as with other applications compatible with CAD. However, there are situations when users prefer to have DWG files saved in another format. Oftentimes, they choose to use WMF format for these purposes.
WMF stands for Windows MetaFile and is universal vector graphic format. The best thing about it is that it is supported by all Windows applications. This means that if you convert DWG to WMF, you will be able to open these documents without any specialized software.
The easiest way to have your DWG files converted into WMF is download DWG WMF converter. If you browse the Internet, you will see that there are few converters of this type; this is because they are too highly tailored. Most often, you will come across DWG converter or even CAD converter because they are more functional and, thus, demanded by users.
We recommend that you try Total CAD Converter by CoolUtils.
This program is ideal for anyone, even for those users who have never before dealt with converters. The simple steps you need to make to convert DWG files to WMF, are:
- Download Total CAD Converter from CoolUtils website. The program is guaranteed to be virus- and spyware free.
- Install the program and enable it on your computer.
- Use navigation section to select the source files or folders.
- Make the settings or go with the default ones; if you choose to make your own settings, Total CAD Converter will remember them for you.
- Select the target format, WMF in this case.
- Confirm your selections by pressing the ‘Start!’ button.
The great news is that you can download Total CAD Converter for free and use it for 30 days to evaluate the quality of the software!
Elsewise, you can use CoolUtils’ online version of Total CAD Converter to see how it works.