How to Convert DOC on Server/Service/ActiveX
You can also convert DOC files on web-servers or services with the help of Total DOC Converter X (SDK).
Total DOC Converter X includes:
- Command line converter;
Advantages of Total DOC Converter X
- Ideal tool for working on web-servers, it has no GUI or any popups to interrupt the process;
- Usage of the program from service;
- Conversion of DOC files to PDF, Excel, HTML, Text, RTF or images;
- Support of RVF format (Rvf to PDF, Excel, HTML, JPEG, TIFF, RTF, Text);
- Renaming the resulting files;
- Batch conversion;
- Automatic work;
- Possibility to build the custom applications with the help of Active X.
Pay attention to some details during installation Total DOC Converter X:
- Do not forget to register ActiveX in your web-server account.
- Total DOC Converter X supports only Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Firefox browsers.
- ActiveX works only with 32-bit internet information server. 64-bit server is not supported. Use command line version instead.
- If you don't have MS Office or MS Word installed on your computer, please download this additional free office converter pack to convert doc files.
ASP and PHP examples
Example2 ASP: directly stream the resulting PDF
C.Convert "c:\source.DOC", "c:\dest.TIF", "-cTIF -log c:\doc.log"
set C = nothing
Response.AddHeader "Content-Type", "binary/octet-stream"
Rresponse.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=test.pdf"
Response.BinaryWrite c.ConvertToStream("C:\www\ASP\Source.doc", "C:\www\ASP", "-cpdf -log c:\html.log")
set C = nothing
if (file_exists($dest)) unlink($dest);
$c= new COM("DocConverter.DocConverterX");
$c->convert($src,$dest, "-c htm -log c:\doc.log");
if (file_exists($dest)) echo "OK"; else echo "fail:".$c->ErrorMessage;
Registration Total DOC Converter X on the Server
Usually internet information server works under default account which is not the administrator's one.
When you try to use our dll, Explorer can not open the page or server hang up.
You receive request page time out message.
To settle this problem do the following:
- Login the account where internet server runs.
- Register ActiveX:
- Reinstall Converter X.
- Enter regsvr32 C:\YourPath\DOCConverter.dll in command line.
- Make sure the dll was registered. Convert any DOC file with the file: axDOCDev.exe.
If it converts without any problems, ActiveX was successfully installed on your system.
- Run docconveterx.exe.
- Click Register button and enter the key you have received by e-mail after purchasing the product.
Note: To register Total DOC Converter X on the server you must have the administrator rights.