Back to content
Convert DOC to Excel
Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert DOC to Excel file format do the following:
- Launch Total DOC Converter.
- Choose an appropriate folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a DOC file or files in the central panel using check boxes.
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- Choose Excel as a target format.
- You will see a new window.
Specify the path for the converted file(s) location - the folder to place the output file(s) to.
There are two ways to do it:
- Type in the destination.
- Click the Diskette button and select the file from your file tree.
If you would like to change the destination path back to the original one press the Full stop button.
Total DOC Converter puts the final Excel document to the same folder where the source DOC file is located by default .
- Specify default font name and size for text file. Use the WordWrap option if you do not want lines in your document wrap.
- Press Start conversion. The program will show you all the parameters you have already specified.
You can choose Delete originals and Open destination folder after converting if needed. Press Start!.
Note: If you do not set up the conversion parameters they will be defined automatically by the program.
- In case if you have checked the Open destination folder after converting parameter after pressing Start!
the application will open the folder where the file is located. The destination folder will be open. Find the converted Excel files in it.
Converst DOC to Excel via Command line
You are able to convert DOC to Excel using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: DOCConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c xls,
- <source> is the destination path where the source DOC file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\DOC.doc C:\Converted\Excel.xls - c xls
Total DOC Converter will convert the file DOC.doc into Excel document Excel.xls and save the converted file in the folder C:\Converted\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.doc C:\Converted\ -c xls
Total DOC Converter will convert all DOC files from the folder C:\Documents\ to Excel format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\Converted\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: DOCConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\Converted\ -c xls
Total DOC Converter will convert all the files from the file list List.txt to Excel and save them in the folder C:\Converted\
- There are some additional options. Press Help on a tool bar and choose Command line parameters to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.