Back to content
Convert DOC to HTML
Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert DOC files to HTML format do the following steps:
- Launch Total DOC Converter.
- Choose a proper folder in the left-hand panel.
- Choose a DOC file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- Select HTML as a target format.
- After selecting the target format a new window will appear.
Set up the path for the converted file(s) location - the folder to place the output file(s) to.
You can do this using two methods:
- Type in the destination.
- Press Diskette and select the file from your file tree.
If you want to alter the destination path back to the original one press Full stop.
Total DOC Converter saves the final HTML document to the same folder where the source DOC file is located by default .
- Setup default font name and size for text file. Use the WordWrap option if you do not want lines in your document wrap.
- Fill out document properties. Select Inline CSS if you want to write CSS directly in tags.
- Press Start conversion. The tool will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
You can check Delete originals and Open destination folder after converting if needed. Press Start!.
Note: If you do not set up the conversion parameters they will be defined automatically by the program.
- If you have checked the Open destination folder after converting parameter after pressing Start!
Total DOC Converter will open the folder where the cinverted file is located. The destination folder will be open. Find the converted HTML files in it.
Converst DOC to HTML via Command line
You can convert DOC to HTML using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: DOCConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c html,
- <source> is the destination path where the source DOC file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\DOC.doc C:\Converted\HTML.html - c html
Total DOC Converter will convert the file DOC.doc into HTML document HTML.html and save the converted file in the folder C:\Converted\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.doc C:\Converted\ -c html
Total DOC Converter will convert all DOC files from the folder C:\Documents\ to HTML format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\Converted\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: DOCConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\Converted\ -c html
Total DOC Converter will convert all the files from the file list List.txt to HTML and save them in the folder C:\Converted\
- There are some additional options. Press Help on a tool bar and choose Command line parameters to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.