Back to content
Convert DOC to Unicode Text
Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert DOC to Unicode Text do the following:
- Launch Total DOC Converter.
- Choose a proper folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a DOC file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- In a right-hand table you can preview the file you have selected.
- Select the target format - Unicode Text.
- After choosing the target format you will see a new window.
Set up the path for the converted file(s) location - the folder to place the output file(s) to.
There are two ways to set up the path:
- Type in the destination.
- Press the Diskette button and select the file from your file tree.
If you would like to change the destination path back to the original one press the Full stop button.
Total DOC Converter puts the final Unicode Text to the same folder where the source DOC file is located by default .
Check Combine all documents into one file if you want to combine all output files into one document.
- Click Start conversion. The application will show you all the parameters you have already customized.
You can choose Delete originals and Open destination folder after converting if needed. Press Start!.
- In that case if you have checked the Open destination folder after converting parameter after pressing Start!
the tool will open the folder where the file is located. The destination folder will be open. Find the converted Unicode Text files in it.
Converst DOC to Unicode Text via Command line
It is possible to convert DOC to Unicode Text using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: DOCConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c UNI,
- <source> is the destination path where the source DOC file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\DOC.doc C:\Converted\UNI.txt - c UNI
Total DOC Converter will convert the file DOC.doc into Unicode Text UNI.txt and save the converted file in the folder C:\Converted\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: DOCConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.doc C:\Converted\ -c UNI
Total DOC Converter will convert all DOC files from the folder C:\Documents\ to Unicode Text format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\Converted\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: DOCConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\Converted\ -c UNI
Total DOC Converter will convert all the files from the file list List.txt to Unicode Text and save them in the folder C:\Converted\
- There are some additional options. Press Help on a tool bar and choose Command line parameters to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.