To convert HTML file to DOC do the following:
- Launch Total HTML Converter.
- In a left-hand table choose a folder with HTML files from the file tree.
- Then choose an HTML file or files with the help of a check box in the central panel.
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- After you select the target format (DOC) a new window will appear. Set up the destination path - the folder to put the output file to. You may set up the path using two ways:
- Press ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or choose ‘Margin’ on the left-hand side of the window. Set the margin (top, bottom, left, right) in inches.
- Set the paper size. You have opportunity to use 'Fit to Page' option. It is used for setting paper orientation for each file automaticlly while converting several .html files.
- Choose 'Start conversion'. The system will show you the document properties you have already defined. Select 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if needed. Click 'Start!'.
Note: If you do not set up the document parameters the converter will do it automatically. In that case the default parameters will be the following:
- Convert to - doc;
- Margin: Top - 0,5, Bottom - 0,5, Left - 0,5, Right - 0,5;
- Paper Common, size A4, 8,3” x 11,7”, Portrait;
- Render - text, images.
- After clicking 'Start!' you will see the progress bar. In few minets find the output DOC files in the destination folder.
- You may also cancel conversion by clicking 'Cancel'.
You can convert HTML files to DOC ones using Command line as well.
To do this enter the following parameters: HtmlConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c doc ,
- <source> is the path where HTML file needed to be converted is kept,
- <destination> is the path where the converted file should be located,
For example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\index.htm C:\DOC\Doc1.doc - c doc
The program will convert file index.htm into DOC document Doc1.doc and save the converted file into the folder C:\DOC\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from one folder use * sign.
For example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.htm C:\DOC\ -c doc
The program will convert all HTML files from this folder C:\Documents\ to DOC format and save the converted files in the folder C:\DOC\
- To convert a batch of files put all HTML files to list.txt
For example: HtmlConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\DOC\ -c doc
The program will convert all the html files from file list List.txt to DOC and save them into the folder C:\DOC\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additionsl options for command line will appear. To read about them in details go to Command Line Parameters page.