To convert HTML file to JPEG do the following:
- Launch Total HTML Converter.
- In a left-hand table choose a folder with HTML files from the file tree.
- Then choose an HTML file or files with the help of a check box in the central panel.
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- After you select the target format (JPEG) a new window will appear. Set up the destination path - the folder to plece the output file to. You may set up the path using two ways:
- Press 'Next' on the bottom of the window or choose 'Render' on the left-hand side of the window. Check what parameters you would like to render (Text, Shape or Image). Take into the account that if you select only shapes, images and text will not be included into the final document.
- You may define the quality for JPEG images. Chose if it will be minimum or maximum size.
- Set up a background. It may be any color or your image.
- Click 'Next' or 'Margin'. Choose the margin options for the file (left, right, top, bottom) in inches.
- Select the paper size and orientation. Use 'Fit to Page' option if needed.
- Click 'Start conversion'. You will see the document properties which you have already chosen. If you want to delete original HTML files select 'Delete originals'. Press 'Start!'.
Note: If you do not set up the conversion parameters they will be defined automatically by the program. The default parameters are as following:
- Convert to - jpeg;
- Margin: Top - 0,5, Bottom - 0,5, Left - 0,5, Right - 0,5;
- Paper Common, size A4, 8,3” x 11,7”, Portrait;
- Render - text, images, shapes;
- Jpeg quality - 100.
- After that Total HTML Converter will show you the folder where the converted file is located now (in case if you have chosen 'Open destination folder after converting' option).
It is possible to convert HTML files to JPEG via command line from within other programs.
Just use the following syntax: HtmlConverter.exe <source> <destination> - c jpg,
- <source> is the source file destination,
- <destination> is the converted file destination.
Example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\index.htm C:\JPG\JPG1.jpg - c jpg
Total HTML Converter converts index.htm into JPG file JPG1.jpg and saves the converted file in the folder C:\JPG\
There are also some additional options:
- If you would like to change the format of all the files from the folder use * sign.
Example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.htm C:\JPG\ - c jpg
Total HTML Convetrer converts all HTML files from the folder C:\Documents\ to JPG format and saves the converted files in the folder C:\JPG\
- To convert a group of files put them to list.txt
Example: HtmlConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\JPG\ - c jpg
Total HTML Converter converts all the html files from file list List.txt to JPG and saves them to C:\JPG\
- Press 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters' to find the list of options for the Command line.
For more information about Command line see Command Line Parameters.