To convert HTML file to RTF do the following:
- Launch Total HTML Converter.
- In a left-hand table choose a folder with HTML files from the file tree.
- Then choose an HTML file or files with the help of a check box in the central panel.
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- After you select the target format (RTF) a new window will appear. Set up the destination path - the folder to place the output RTF file to. You may set up the path using two ways:
- Click 'Next' button or choose 'Render'. Select items for rendering (text, shape, image). If you choose, for example, images only, text and shapes will not be converted at all.
- Set the background image for your document:
- Check the box 'Use background image' and click 'Folder' button.
- 'My documents' folder will appear by default. Choose a proper image. Click 'Open' button.
- Set up the margin (top, bottom, left, right).
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the properties you have already set up. If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
Note: If you do not need to customize Document parameters the program will do it automatically with the following details:
- Convert to - rtf;
- Margin: Top - 0,5, Bottom - 0,5, Left - 0,5, Right - 0,5;
- Paper Common, size A4, 8,3” x 11,7”, Portrait;
- Render - text;
- Background - no.
- After pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located. But in that case if you have checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ parameter.
- If you would like to cancel conversion press ‘Cancel’.
You can convert HTML to RTF via Command line. It is used for changing file formats with the help of other programs.
Enter the following formula: HtmlConverter.exe <source> <destination> - c rtf ,
- <source> is the destination where HTML file is located,
- <destination> is the destination where converted file will be located after conversion,
For example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\index.htm C:\RTF\RTF1.rtf - c rtf
Conversion of the file index.htm into RTF document RTF1.rtf and keeping the converted file in C:\RTF\
There are some more details concerning conversion through Command line:
- If you want to convert all the files from the folder use * sign.
For example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.htm C:\RTF\ - c rtf
Conversion of all HTML files from the folder C:\Documents\ to RTF format and keeping the converted files in C:\RTF\
- If you want to convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: HtmlConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\RTF\ - c rtf
Conversion of all the files from the file list List.txt to RTF and keeping them in C:\DOC\
- There are also additional options which you can use. The list of them is located in 'Help' under 'Command line parameters' item.
You can read about the additional options in details in Command Line Parameters page.