To convert HTML file to XLS do the following:
- Launch Total HTML Converter.
- In a left-hand table choose a folder with HTML files from the file tree.
- Then select an HTML file or files in the central panel (click check boxes).
- In a right-hand table you may preview the file you have selected.
- Select the tarhet format - XLS
- After you select the target format (Excel) the Wizard's window appears. It collects all the conversion parameters. First, set up the destination path - the folder to place the output file to. You may set up the path in two ways:
- Press 'Next' on the bottom of the window or choose 'Render' on the left-hand side of the window.
- Check what parameters you would like to render (Text, Shape or Image). If you select, for example, shapes only, images and text will not be converted at all.
- Select a background. You may choose either the color or the image.
- Click 'Next' button on the bottom of the window or select 'Margin' on the left-hand side of the window. Set up the margin parameters (left, right, top, bottom) in inches.
- Set up the size of the paper, custom and paper orientation. You may also use 'Fit to Page' option to detect paper orientation automatically.
- Click 'Start conversion'. The program will show you the conversion options which you have already set up. Check 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if you need these parameters. Press 'Start!' button.
Note: If you do not want to set up the document options they will be defined automatically by the program. They will be the following:
- Convert to - xls;
- Margin: Top - 0,5, Bottom - 0,5, Left - 0,5, Right - 0,5;
- Paper Common, size A4, 8,3” x 11,7”, Portrait;
- Render - text, images, shapes.
- After clicking 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the converted file was put into if you have checked -Open destination folder after converting-.
- If you need to cancel conversion click 'Cancel'.
You are also be able to convert HTML formats to XLS files with the help of command line.
To use Command line enter HtmlConverter.exe <source> <destination> - c xls ,
- <source> is the destination of the source file,
- <destination> is the destination of converted file.
Example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\index.htm C:\XLS\XLS1.xls - c xls
This is conversion of the file index.htm into XLS file XLS1.xls and saving the converted file in the folder C:\XLS\
There are also some additional options of Command line:
- To change the format of all the files from the folder use * sign.
Example: HtmlConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.htm C:\XLS\ - c xls
Convert all HTML files from the folder C:\Documents\ to XLS format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\XLS\
- To convert a group of files put them to list.txt
Example: HtmlConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\XLS\ - c xls
This is conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to XLS and putting them to C:\DOC\
- You may use additional options. Press 'Help' button on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'.
The list of options will appear. You may read about them in Command Line Parameters page.