Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF file to BMP do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter.
- Choose an appropriate folder in a left-hand table.
Choose an appropriate PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select target format - BMP.
After you choose the target format (BMP) you will see a new window.
Customize the path where the file will be saved.
There are two ways to customize the path:
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one.
If you do not customize the path the converter will set up the path for you (same folder where the original file is located).
- Enter the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Image DPI’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Select quality and size of the produced image. The higher quality you choose the larger size the file will be.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Page processing’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Decide if you want to combine the pages into one file or place every page to a seperate one.
Use this option if the conversion of the pdf file is unsuccessful.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘File name template’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create files for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- In that case if you have checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ parameter after pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted BMP files in in it.
Conversion via Command line
It is possible to convert PDF to BMP using Command line.
It helps to convert files from within other programs.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c bmp ,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\BMP\BMP1.html - c bmp
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into BMP document BMP1.bmp and saving the converted file in the folder C:\BMP\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\BMP\ -c bmp
Conversion of all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to BMP format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\BMP\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\BMP\ -c bmp
Conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to BMP and saving them in the folder C:\BMP\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additionsl options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: