Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF to PS file format do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter.
- Choose a proper folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a PDF file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- After you select the target format (CSV) you willl see a new window.
Set up the path for the file location - the folder to place the output file to. There are two ways to set up the path:
- Type in the destination.
- Press 'Diskette' button and select the file from your file tree.
If you would like to change the destination path back to the original one press 'Full stop' button.
Total PDF Converter puts the final CSV document to the same folder where the source PDF file is by default .
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'CSV Format' on the left-hand side of the window.
You may choose a needful CSV string. You may also point out CSV delimiter.
- Click 'Start conversion'. The application will show you all the parameters you have already customized.
You may choose 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if needed. Press 'Start!'.
- In that case if you have checked 'Open destination folder after converting' parameter after pressing 'Start!'
the tool will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted CSV files in it.
Converst PDF to CSV via Command line
You are allowed to convert PDF to CSV using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c csv,
- <source> is the destination path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\CSV\CSV.csv - c csv
The application will convert the file PDF1.pdf into CSV document CSV.csv and save the converted file in the folder C:\CSV\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\CSV\ -c csv
The application will convert all PDF files from the folder C:\Documents\ to
CSV format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\CSV\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\CSV\ -c csv
The application will convert all the files from file list List.txt to CSV and save them in the folder C:\CSV\
- There are some additional options. Press 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters' to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: