Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF to DOC file format do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter.
- Choose a proper folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a PDF file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- After you select the target format (DOC) a new window will appear.
Set up the path for the file location - the folder to place the output file to. There are two ways to set up the path:
If you want to change the path back to the original one press 'Full stop' button. By default Total PDF Converter puts the final DOC document to the same folder where the source PDF file is.
- Type in the destination.
- Press 'Diskette' button and select the file from your file tree.
- Press ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or choose ‘Render’ on the left-hand side of the window. Select items you want to be rendered (text, shape, image). If you select, for example, text only, images and shapes will not be included into the output PDF file.
- Select 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the settings of the conversion you have set up. Choose 'Delete originals' if you want to delete the original PDF files. Check 'Open destination folder' after converting option if needed. Click 'Start'. You will see the progress bar.
- The destination folder automatically opens. Find the converted DOC files in in it.
Convert PDF to DOC via Command line
You are also allowed to convert PDF files to DOC ones using Command line.
It helps to convert files from within other programs.
To do this enter the following parameters:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c doc ,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\DOC\Doc1.doc - c doc
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into DOC document Doc1.doc and saving the converted file in the folder C:\DOC\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\DOC\ -c doc
The program will convert all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to DOC format and save the converted files to the folder C:\DOC\
- To convert a batch of files put the file names to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\DOC\ -c doc
The program will convert all the files from file list List.txt to DOC and save them to the folder C:\DOC\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additionsl options for command line will appear.
To read about them in details go to Command Line Parameters page.
Back to content.
More useful topics: