Step-by-step instruction: interface
If you need to convert PDF file to EMF one you should do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in a left-hand table.
- Choose a proper PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select the target format - EMF
After you select the target format (EMF) you will see a new window.
Customize the destination path where the file will be located.
There are two ways to do it:
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the original one. By default the program will place the output files to the same folder where the source file is.
- Enter the destination path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘File name template’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create files for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- The destination folder will be open where you can find the converted EMF files.
Convert PDF to EMF via Command line
You may convert PDF to EMF using Command line.
It helps to convert files with the help of other programs.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c emf ,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\EMF\EMF.emf - c emf
The program will convert the file PDF1.pdf into EMF document EMF.emf and save the converted file in the folder C:\EMF\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\EMF\ -c emf
The program will convert all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to EMF format and save the converted files in the folder C:\EMF\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\EMF\ -c emf
The program will convert all the files from file list List.txt to EMF and save them in the folder C:\EMF\
- There are some more additional options. To observe the list of them click 'Help' on a tool bar and select 'Command line parameters'.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: