Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF file to Excel do the following steps:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Select a proper folder from the left.
- Select a proper PDF file in central panel.
- Press target format button - Excel.
After you select the target format (Excel) a new window will appear.
Customize the path where the file will be kept.
There are two ways to customize the destination path:
- Enter the destination path.
- Select the file from a file tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
If you would like to change the file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The application will change the path to the default one.If you do not customize the path and do not give the name to the file the tool will set up the path and the name of the original PDF file.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'Render' on the left-hand side of the window.
Choose the items (text, shape, image).
If you select, for example, images only, text and shapes will not be included into the output Excel file.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the properties you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and 'Open destination folder after converting'. Press 'Start'.
- After pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located if you have already checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ parameter.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the final Excel files in it.
Convert PDF to Excel via Command line
You can also convert PDF files to Excel ones with the help of Command line.
It helps to convert files from within other programs.
Enter the following parameters:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c xls,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\XLS\XLS1.xls - c xls
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into XLS document XLS1.xls and saving the converted file in the folder C:\XLS\
There are also some rules of conversion via Command line:
- To convert all the files from an appropriate folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\XLS\ -c xls
Conversion of all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to XLS format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\XLS\
- To convert a group of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\XLS\ -c xls
Conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to XLS and saving them in the folder C:\XLS\
- There are also some additional options. To observe them press 'Help' on a tool bar and select 'Command line parameters'
You will see the list of additional options for command line.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: