Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF file to HTML do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter.
- In a left-hand table select an appropriate folder.
- In a central panel select an appropriate PDF file or files with the help of a check box.
- Select target fromat - HTML.
- After you choose the target format (HTML) you will see a new window.
Customize the path where the file will be located.
There are two ways to customize the path:
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one. If you do not customize the path and do not give the name to the file the tool will set up the path and the name of the original PDF file.
- Enter the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Render’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Choose the items(text, shape, image).
If you select, for example, shape only, text and images will not be included into the output html file.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted HTML files in in it.
Convert PDF to HTML via Command line
It is also allowed to convert PDF files to HTML ones using Command line.
It helps to convert files from within other programs.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c htm ,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\HTML\HTML1.html - c htm
The program will convert the file PDF1.pdf into HTML document HTML1.html and saving the converted file in the folder C:\HTML\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\HTML\ -c htm
The program will convert all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to HTML format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\HTML\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\HTML\ -c htm
The program will convert all the files from file list List.txt to HTML and saving them in the folder C:\HTML\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additionsl options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: