Step-by-step instruction: interface
If you want to convert PDF file to JPEG one just do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in a left-hand table.
- Choose a proper PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select the target format - JPEG.
After you select the target format (JPEG) you will see a new window.
Customize the destination path where the file will be located.
There are two ways to do it:
- Enter the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one.
Note: If you do not customize the path and do not give the name to the file the tool will set up the path and the name of the original PDF file.
- Press ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘JPEG Quality’ on the left-hand side.
Select the quality value of the produced image. The higher quality leads to larger size of the output file.
- Press ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Extract pages’ on the left-hand side. Total PDF Converter can extract all pages (each page will result in a separate jpeg file) or block of pages (split by bookmarks or bank pages).
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Image DPI’ on the left-hand side of the window. Select quality of the produced image. The better quality results into a larger file. You may also select Page size of the output jpeg image.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘Page processing’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Decide if you want to combine the pages into one file or place every page to a separate one.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘File name template’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create file names for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- In that case if you have checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ parameter after pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted JPEG files in it.
Converst PDF to JPEG via Command line
It is possible to convert PDF to JPEG using Command line.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c jpg,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\JPEG\JPEG.jpg - c jpg
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into JPEG document JPEG.jpg and saving the converted file in the folder C:\JPEG\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\JPEG\ -c jpg
Conversion of all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to JPEG format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\JPEG\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\JPEG\ -c jpg
Conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to JPEG and saving them in the folder C:\JPEG\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: