Step-by-step instruction: interface
If you need to split PDF file or to combine several PDF files you may use 'PDF-to-PDF' option.
Just do the following steps:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a PDF file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- Press PDF.
After you select the target format (PDF) you will see a new window.
Set up the path for the splited files or a combined file location - the folder to place the output file to.
There are two ways to set up the path:
- Type in the destination.
- Press 'Diskette' button and select the file from your file tree.
If you would like to change the destination path back to the original one press 'Full stop' button.
Total PDF Converter puts the final PDF document to the same folder where the source PDF file is by default .
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'Extract pages' on the left-hand side of the window.
You may extract all pages or only selected ones. I.e. you may split one ten-page PDF file into 10 one-page files or 2 five-page files. Besides, you may split PDF docuemnts by blank pages and by bookmarks.
- Press 'Next' on the bottom of the window or choose 'Combine' on the left-hand side of the window.
If you would like to combine several PDF pages check 'Combine pages' box
and customize how many pages you want to be in the output document.
- Press 'Next' on the bottom of the window or choose 'File name template' on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create file names for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Next' on the bottom of the window or choose 'PDF Options' on the left-hand side of the window.
Set up PDF version of the document and check if you need a compression of the file.
- Click 'Start conversion'. The application will show you all the parameters you have already customized.
You may choose 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if needed. Press 'Start!'.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted PDF files in it.
Convert PDF to PDF via Command line
You can convert PDF to PDF using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c pdf,
- <source> is the destination path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\PDF\PDF.pdf - c pdf
Total PDF Converter will convert the file PDF1.pdf into PDF document PDF.pdf and save the converted file in the folder C:\PDF\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\PDF\ -c pdf
Total PDF Converter will convert all PDF files from the folder C:\Documents\ to PDF format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\PDF\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\PDF\ -c pdf
Total PDF Converter will convert all the files from file list List.txt to PDF and save them in the folder C:\PDF\
- There are some additional options. Press 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters' to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: