Step-by-step instruction: interface
To convert PDF to PS file format do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in the left-hand table.
- Choose a PDF file or several files in the central panel using check boxes.
- Click PS in the format bar.
After you select the target format (PS) a new window will appear.
Set up the path for the file location - the folder to place the output file to. There are two ways to set up the path:
- Type in the destination.
- Press 'Diskette' button and select the file from your file tree.
If you want to change the path back to the original one press 'Full stop' button.
By default Total PDF Converter puts the final PS document to the same folder where the source PDF file is.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'Image DPI' on the left-hand side of the window. Select quality of the produced image. The better quality results into a larger file. You may also select Page size of the output jpeg image.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select 'File name template' on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create file names for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The application will show you all the parameters you have already customized.
You may choose 'Delete originals' and 'Open destination folder after converting' if needed. Press 'Start!'.
- In that case if you have checked 'Open destination folder after converting' parameter after pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted PS files in it.
Converst PDF to PS via Command line
You are allowed to convert PDF to PS using Command line.
To do this enter the following code: PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c ps,
- <source> is the destination path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the destination path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\PS\PS.ps - c ps
The program will convert the file PDF1.pdf into PS document PS.ps and save the converted file in the folder C:\PS\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\PS\ -c ps
The program will convert all PDF files from the folder C:\Documents\ to PS format and keep the converted files in the folder C:\PS\
- To convert a group of files put needful files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\PS\ -c ps
The program will convert all the files from file list List.txt to PS and save them in the folder C:\PS\
- There are some additional options. Press 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters' to observe them.
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: