Step-by-step instruction: interface
There are following steps to convert PDF file to RTF:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Select an appropriate folder from the left.
- Select an appropriate PDF file in central panel.
- Select target format - RTF
- After you select the target format (RTF) a new window will appear.
Customize the path where the file will be kept.
There are two ways to customize the path:
The converter will change the path to the default one. If you do not customize the path and do not give the name to the file the tool will set up the path and the name of the original PDF file.
- Enter the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree clicking 'Diskette' button.
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the properties you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- After pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
But in that case if you have checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ parameter.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted DOC files in in it.
You are also allowed to convert PDF files to RTF ones using Command line.
It helps to convert files from within other programs.
To do this enter the following parameters:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c rtf ,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\RTF\RTF1.rtf - c rtf
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into RTF document RTF1.rtf and saving the converted file in the folder C:\RTF\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\RTF\ -c rtf
Conversion of all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to RTF format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\RTF\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\RTF\ -c rtf
It is conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to RTF and saving them in the folder C:\RTF\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additionsl options for command line will appear.
To read about them in details go to Command Line Parameters page.
Back to content.
More useful topics: