Step-by-step instruction: interface
For converting PDF file to Text you should do the following steps:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in a left-hand table.
- Choose a proper PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select target format - TXT.
After selecting the target format (Text) you will see a new window.
Customize the destination path where the file will be kept.
There are two ways to do it:
If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one.
- Enter the path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
- Click 'Next' on the bottom of the window or select ‘Page break’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Select quality and size of the produced image.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- The destination folder will be open. Find the converted Text files in the folder.
Convert PDF to Text via Command line
It is possible to convert PDF to Text using Command line.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c txt,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\TXT\TXT.txt - c txt
The tool will convert the file PDF1.pdf into TXT document TXT.txt and save the converted file in the folder C:\TXT\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\TXT\ -c txt
The program will convert all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to TXT format and save the converted files in the folder C:\TXT\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\TXT\ -c txt
The program will convert all the files from file list List.txt to TXT and save them in the folder C:\TXT\
- There are additional options too. To observe them click 'Help' on a tool bar and choose 'Command line parameters'
The list of additional options for command line will appear.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: