Step-by-step instruction: interface
If you need to convert PDF file to WMF one you should do the following:
- Launch Total PDF Converter. Choose a proper folder in a left-hand table.
- Choose a proper PDF file in a central panel with the help of a check box.
- Select the target format - WMF.
After you select the target format (WMF) you will see a new window.
Customize the destination path where the file will be located.
There are two ways to do it:
- Enter the destination path.
- Choose the file from a folder tree by clicking 'Diskette' button.
- If you want to make changes in file destination press 'Full stop' button.
The program will change the path to the default one.
Note: If you do not customize the path the converter will set up the path for you.
- Click ‘Next’ on the bottom of the window or select ‘File name template’ on the left-hand side of the window.
Enter the template to create files for every page. The # sign will be replaced by page number.
- Press 'Start conversion'. The program will show you all the parameters you have already set up.
If you need you can choose ‘Delete originals’ and ‘Open destination folder after converting’. Press ‘Start!’.
- In that case if you have checked ‘Open destination folder after converting’ option after pressing 'Start!' the program will open the folder where the file was located.
- The destination folder will be open where you can find the converted WMF files.
Conversion via Command line
You may convert PDF to WMF using Command line.
It helps to convert files with the help of other programs.
To do this enter the following code:
PDFConverter.exe <source> <destination> -c wmf,
- <source> is the path where the source PDF file is kept,
- <destination> is the path where converted file should be located,
Note: If you have a path with spaces use quotation marks.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\PDF1.pdf C:\WMF\WMF.wmf - c wmf
Conversion of the file PDF1.pdf into WMF document WMF.wmf and saving the converted file in the folder C:\WMF\
There are also some rules for converting via Command line:
- To convert all the files from a proper folder use * sign.
For example: PDFConverter.exe C:\Documents\*.pdf C:\WMF\ -c wmf
Conversion of all PDF files from this folder C:\Documents\ to WMF format and saving the converted files in the folder C:\WMF\
- To convert a batch of files put proper files to list.txt
For example: PDFConverter.exe -list List.txt C:\WMF\ -c wmf
Conversion of all the files from file list List.txt to WMF and saving them in the folder C:\WMF\
- There are some more additional options. To observe the list of them click 'Help' on a tool bar and select 'Command line parameters'.
Detailed information on Command Line Parameters.
Back to content.
More useful topics: