How to convert PST to PDF with attachments
Advanced digital tools transform Outlook emails into a popular format. However, the conversion of attachments is still rare. Tailor-made software can cope with any volume of data and deliver an impeccable result in no time. Discover how to convert PST to PDF with attachments smoothly.
Users often need to archive correspondence, including any enclosed files. This streamlines workflow and communication. With a comprehensive PST to PDF tool, you will transform these additions into documents, too. Even hundreds of files are handled fast. Batch PST processing is a great way to convert attached files.
Method 1. Convert PST to PDF with Attachments by Coolutils Software
Using our Outlook Converter
, you can transform your PST to PDF with attachments in just a few clicks. Its user-friendly interface with rich customization guarantees 100% accurate and convenient transformation. Master email conversion in a couple of minutes! After the parameters are set, the utility can apply them to every new conversion automatically.
Step 1. Locate the Source File (PST)
- Open the converter. You will be prompted to select the PST file. If Outlook is installed on your computer, the utility will connect to it automatically and display the available files.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a folder tree with the contents of your PST file. When you click on any of the folders (e.g., Inbox), the messages inside of it are shown in the middle panel. You can preview any of the items.
Step 2. Select the Emails
Click on the "Check All" button to convert all of the emails with attachments within the folder or select them individually.
Step 3. Set the Parameters
Specify the target format (PDF) by clicking on the corresponding button on the ribbon. This will open a wizard with multiple sections so you can fine-tune the result. After each of the sections, click Next.
- In the "Destination" section, you need to select the location and choose the saving mode: creating a separate file for each message with attachments or combining all of them into one multi-page PDF document.
- In “File name,” you can rename the output files. You can go with the descriptive name template or change it by adding or removing any macro.
- In "Fields," select the message fields to incorporate in your PDF document. The options include the senders and recipients, including CC and BCC, the date, subject, and body. If the emails were sent from different time zones, you can unify the format by checking the "Show date in UTC" box (Universal Coordinated Time).
- In "Attachments," tell the program what you want to get as a result of transforming PST to PDF with attachments. You can save the latter to the same folder, insert attached images into the document, etc. Find out more below!
- The "Appearance" section is used for standardized corporate documents.
- The "Header" and "Footer" sections allow you to add these elements with adjustable position, margin size, fonts, colors, and other options. You can insert a page counter, the current date, file name, the "confidential" category, other suggested options, or your own text.
- In the "Document" section, select the size of the pages, their orientation, margins, fit-to-page, compression settings, and other features.
Step 4. Launch the Conversion
Now, all you need to do is click on the “Start” button and wait for completion. In the end, you will see a "Process completed" window. It will also allow you to save the process details (log) if necessary
In the "Attachments" section of the wizard, you can set the parameters for processing, including saving into a new folder, unpacking, insertion of images, and more. Transform your files with impressive precision! Here is what you can do:
- Include attachment information
- Save attachments to a new folder with or without unpacking the zip files (in this case, give them descriptive names in the "Attachment file name template" field to refer them to the right emails afterward)
- Include attached images into the document and fit them to the page if they are large
- Convert attached messages with or without saving to a separate file (the Pro version will let you convert any attached documents, too)
How the Converter Works
Discover the most convenient way to save emails with attachments via the Total Outlook Converter. Just install the tool, open it, set your preferences, and let conversion commence. The resulting files will land in the desired destination folder neatly. The sheer range of customization options is guaranteed to impress. You can tweak the settings to make PDFs look cooler than the original emails with attachments! Check out these opportunities for fast PST to PDF conversion:
- conversion of attached files (unique!);
- merging of a range of Outlook emails into a unified PDF;
- field-based export (emails may be filtered by their date, subject, who sent or received them, etc.);
- addition of dates or page numbers;
- changing of margins and paper size;
- range of compression levels;
- inclusion of custom stamps (e.g., "confidential");
- stamp bates;
- smooth renaming and the possibility to assign new descriptive names for easier file management;
- range of PST to PDF output formats, including non-searchable documents and PDF/A.
The utility works on any popular version of Windows (from XP to 10). It has a free trial period and comes with a range of license options: for personal and commercial use, as well as server and developer options. Its all-round compatibility makes it suitable for everyone!
The output is also highly customizable. Conversion of Outlook emails to PDF with attachments is not the only function. The same system will transform your mail data from PST to DOC, TXT, HTML, JPEG, XPS, and more! Whatever the format, the process is always smooth.
The converter is used by beginners and pros, as it is efficient and easy to use. This ultimate PST to PDF solution suits a wide range of needs, from data migration to the collection of evidence for legal investigations. If you have only a little data to transfer, try our free PST to PDF online service.
Method 2. Adobe Acrobat Pro Software
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is an effective but more expensive way to transform your emails with attachments. After installing the software, you will notice a new plug-in in your Outlook interface, which allows the conversion.
- Open Outlook and tap on the ribbon menu button that opens the Adobe PDF tab.
- Select the messages you want to convert.
- On the tab, choose "Selected Messages" and the creation of a new PDF file (from the drop-down menu).
- In the new tab that opens, select the destination and assign a name to the file.
- Click on the "Save" button to get the converted file.
The customization options include saving to a PDF file you created previously (“Append to existing PDF”) and Automatic Archival, which turns every new email into a PDF document.
Method 3. Online Converters
Finally, you can convert your PST files to PDF through a variety of online converters. However, this option is suitable for only the simplest tasks that do not require any changes to the layout or other parameters. Finally, while many programs will process your emails, they do not usually transform PST to PDF with attachments.